Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Calling all Frizzy Haired Ladies!

This is painful, but I thought
you might need proof. :)
You might not be able to tell, but I have naturally curly hair. I straighten it every day because it works better on TV and now I'm just used to it this way. If you catch me standing out in the rain or humidity watch out, the curls start to magically reappear.

A majority of women do have naturally tasseled tresses. Lorraine Massey, author of Curly Girl: The Handbook told me that 65 percent have wavy or curly hair. Massey, a curly haired girl herself, owns five salons in New York City and LA that only work on clients with waves. Her advice: embrace your natural hair; it saves time and money. Lorraine encourages us to try the Curly Girl Method. No blow dryer needed, just sulfate-free cleanser, botanical conditioner, and hair gel.



She also whipped up a homemade recipe to treat and nourish dry ends. It's called Wrapunzel and she shared the recipe:

In studio with Lorraine Massey,
author of Curly Girl:  The Handbook.

1 ripe avocado, peeled and cored
3 to 4 teaspoons honey or agave syrup
8 to 10 drops olive oil or jojoba oil

1. Put the avocado, honey and oil in a blender and combine.
2. Apply mixture to your wet hair especially the ends.
3. Wrap your hair in plastic or a towel and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Rinse your hair, cleanse and condition then style.




I haven't tried Wrapunzel yet but I plan to soon. If it works, maybe I'll go curly more... but only on the weekend. :)

1 comment: