|Farewell, FOX19 viewers!|
|Me with my new co-anchor, Pete Scalia|
Reporting for FOX19 allowed me to cover an important breaking news story one day and hang on a trapeze to showcase a circus in town the next. It's a job that's hard to leave. But being a morning anchor is an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I am excited to join the ABC22/FOX45 team in Dayton where I’ll co-anchor alongside Pete Scalia.
I want to thank everyone so much for watching my colleagues and me at FOX19 the past several years. Live TV can certainly be an adventure, but we enjoyed our jobs and worked hard to deliver a quality product every day. I hope it showed.
Top 10 things I’ll miss (and a few I won’t – you’ll have to guess which are which):
- My close friends on the show and my main photographer Dale.
- The camaraderie behind the scenes, like chatting with Sheila while we put finishing touches on our makeup.
- Rob’s cornucopia of strange morning foods like beef jerky, watermelon, Greek yogurt, and popcorn.
- Frank’s annoyingly chipper attitude at 3:30 AM.
- Live shots at GABP when Reds fans camp out for Opening Day Tickets, and Opening Day itself.
- Getting out of the warm FOX19 truck to do a live hit in the cold – 8 times per morning!
- Setting up at our four favorite live locations: the courthouse, CVG, the police station and… the salt pile.
- Watching countless salt trucks get refilled during bad weather at the aforementioned salt pile.
- Dressing up in a German Dirndl for the start of Oktoberfest.
- All the viewers who got up with us each morning and especially those who were so nice when I saw them around town.
Thanks everyone. I will really miss being on the air here in Cincy. I really appreciate your support. Remember I'm not too far away. You could buy a really strong antenna to watch me in Dayton! :) Best wishes and Happy Thanksgiving!