Monday, June 28, 2010

Not Just a Walk in the Woods

I've been hiking before, but not like this. Hi it's Meghan:)


My friend is a avid hiker/climber and he's talked about his adventures. This past weekend I went with him to Red River Gorge. It was fun yet scary.


We hiked for close to 4 hours and climbed to an elevation of 1,700 feet. Oh and we weren't on the main trails! I guess there are side trials that only the experienced hikers know about. We were scaling rocks and squeezing through caves.


I defiantly didn't expect that level of hiking but I loved it and the views were amazing. I can't wait to go back.
But not sure if it'll be anytime soon. By now you've probably heard that a bear attacked a hiker there the same weekend I was walking the trails. Luckily all I saw was a lizard and a squirrel:) Hopefully the catch the bear soon!



(I'm super sweaty in the picture..what a workout!)

No comments:

Post a Comment